The LAST DAY to vote early in the November 5th Election is TODAY, Friday, November 1st. I encourage you to vote early, as lines are typically shorter.
- During early voting, you may go to ANY POLLING LOCATION.
- Click here to find an early voting location near you.
- Polls are open from 7am-7pm today
Election Day Info
Tuesday, November 5th is Election Day.
- On Election Day, you may go to ANY POLLING LOCATION.
- Text VOTE to 1-833-YES-0700 or click here to find an Election Day voting location near you.
- Polls are open from 7am-7pm on Election Day (Nov. 5)
To vote, you must have one of the following accepted forms of identification:• Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
• United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
• United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
• Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
• Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
• Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
What To Expect on the Ballot:
- Find your specific sample ballot at HarrisVotes.com.
- The items on your ballot may vary depending on which area of the county you reside.
- When you go vote, you can bring a marked sample ballot or a Voters Guide into the voting booth with you.
- Sylvester Turner for Mayor of Houston
- Chris Brown for Houston City Controller
- David Robinson for City Council Member, At-Large Position 2
- Sallie Alcorn for City Council Member, At-Large Position 5
- Abbie Kamin for City Council Member, District C
- Dave Martin for Council Member, District E
- Karla Cisneros for City Council Member, District H
- Robert Gallegos for City Council Member, District I
- Martha Castex-Tatum for City Council Member, District K
- Rhonda Skillern-Jones for HCC District II
I urge you to vote FORProposition A: METRO NEXT. Click here for more info.
All voters will have 10 statewide constitutional amendments on their ballot. Please see below for my recommendations and analyses on the 10 propositions.
Oppose Proposition 4
Support Proposition 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
ACA Open Enrollment Begins Today
Texans can start buying health insurance through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) marketplace TODAY, November 1st. Open enrollment for the online marketplace, healthcare.gov, starts today, Nov. 1 and ends Dec. 15 this year.
The marketplace was created by federal health law for people who don’t get insurance through an employer, Medicaid or Medicare.
Despite what President Trump says, the ACA is still the law of the land and the federal funding is available for the millions of Texans who wouldn’t be able to afford coverage otherwise. Get enrolled today.
RECAP: Leadership & Ethics Lecture Series with Representative Coleman
On Monday, I participated in the inaugural Leadership and Ethics Lecture Series with the University of Houston Hobby School of Public Affairs.
It was an honor to speak on truth in politics, law making, and overcoming bias with eager students from the University of Houston. Thank you to all who came out.
What To Watch This Week: